Ah, new desks for new jobs. Having recently moved into a new position I was glad to go from a relatively small veal fattening pen to a free-range setting. You may notice some similar items that survived the trip from one room to the next.
- a ceramic…uh…bowl(?) that a student made for me a few years ago.
- a small clock that hasn’t worked in 5 or more years.
- a block of wood with pictures on it and the caption “it’s your sound”
- some photos without frames and some large super balls
- a photo of my wife and me a few months before our engagement
- uhhhhh, yeahhhhh a stapler
- post-its and index cards
- my bag and coat
- that coffee cup (there is no coffee machine in my building)
Lots to do to make this place human. Starting with the coffee.